This is more of a general observation than anything else, but don’t you just love it when you’re watching a game on TV and then the broadcast guys out-of-nowhere start interviewing some random who you’ve never heard of? It adds a whole new dimension to the broadcast especially considering if they’re willing to interrupt the normal play-by-play for it, the person talking must be really important and have some borderline genius things to say to the viewing audience.
If we’re being completely honest with each other, it’s my absolute favorite part of televised baseball games.
On a kind of related note, I took my kid to the IronPigs game on Monday night so daddy could stalk Domonic Brown when I was approached by the IronPigs TV guys to see if I would like to be the subject of their 8th inning in-game interview to chat about this here website. You mean live out my dream, IronPigs TV guys? Why yes, I accept.
Oh, and did I mention that IronPigs games are broadcast throughout THE ENTIRE Lehigh Valley on Service Electric cable? Because they are. I don’t have the numbers in front of me but I’m pretty sure LVH games have the same ratings as Phillies games. (don’t bother checking, I’m like 98% positive) I don’t usually like bragging, but I think this makes me a legit celebrity now, you guys.
After the jump, my NATIONAL TELEVISION WORLD DEBUT.
To clear up a few things that will most likely be asked in the comments:
- NO I was not wearing a full Phillies uniform including baseball pants, stirrups, and cleats. I had on shorts and a pair of Sauconys, thank you very much.
- NO I was not aware that I had the right flap on my jersey top tucked in.
- YES I probably would have shaved if I knew I was going on live TV.
- YES I could see the resemblance between me and a 1920′s pitcher who just threw a 9-inning game, you’re very astute.
- NO, ladies, I am not “available”. I’m a happily married man.
(Thanks to Ryan Kelly and Doug Heater from the IronPigs TV Network for sending the clip)
48 Responses to “The subject of in-game TV interviews is always so interesting”
Leave a Reply
- 700 Level
- Brotherly Glove
- Chicks Dig The Longball
- Crane Kick Chronicles
- Crashburn Alley
- Finger Food
- High Cheese
- High Hopes
- House That Glanville Built
- I want to go to the zoo with Roy Halladay
- Long Drive
- Maule of America
- Philadelphia Will Do
- Philled In
- Philly Gameday
- Philly Gossip
- PHL Sports Fans
- Phoul Ballz
- That Balls Outta Here
- The 701 Level
- The Good Phight
- The Insider
- The Zo Zone
- Where's Weems?
- Whiz Witout
- Who Does He Play For?